SisterFriends Detroit and Make Your Date™ Detroit are partnering together to reduce preterm birth and infant mortality in the city of Detroit. This partnership will connect world-class medical practices with community-based support in an effort to achieve healthier outcomes for both moms and babies.
Make Your Date™ Detroit, launched in partnership with the City of Detroit and Wayne State University in 2014, is a nonprofit organization working to ensure every pregnant woman in every neighborhood knows that she has access to healthcare, testing, and the resources she needs to have a full-term, healthy baby. This includes providing access to prenatal care, raising awareness of the importance of cervical length screening and treatment if necessary, offering pregnancy education classes and group prenatal care, as well as other resources.
As partners, SisterFriends Detroit and Make Your Date™ Detroit will:
- Connect expecting mothers to resources such as health insurance, home visits and prenatal care
- Offer a SisterFriend to every expectant mom
- Provide expectant moms with a Make Your Date™ Healthy Baby Plan, a personalized action plan to support a healthy pregnancy, birth and baby
- Offer education classes on a variety of pregnancy, birth and parenting topics
- Collaborate to coordinate care for expectant moms
Together these two initiatives offer Detroit families access to evidence-based medical care and best practice community-based support.
To learn more about make your date visit makeyourdate.org.